All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £10.54Trending at £10.85
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.06Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 41 colour illustrations, 47 black & white tables, biography
- Weight863 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJames F. Pagel,S. R. Pandi-Perumal
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsSleep Disorders in Primary Care: Evidence-Based Clinical Practice.- Epidemiology of Sleep.- Assessment of Insomnia.- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approaches for Insomnia.- Pharmacological Treatment of Insomnia.- Determinants and Measurements of Daytime Sleepiness.- Central Sleep Apnea: Implications for the Failing Heart.- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Clinical Presentation.- Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: Epidemiology and Pathogenesis.- Evidence and Mechanisms Linking Obstructive Sleep Apnea to Cardiovascular Disease.- Treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Surgical and Alternative Treatments.- Positive Airway Pressure Therapy for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome.- Oral Appliances for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.- Medicolegal Aspects of Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome.- Overview of the Treatment of Obesity.- Sleep in Patients With Pulmonary Disease.- Pediatric Sleep I: Normal Sleep and Nonrespiratory Sleep Complaints: Infancy Through Adolescence.- Pediatric Sleep II: Pediatric Sleep-Disordered Breathing.- Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Women.- Parasomnia in Adults.- Clinical Features, Diagnosis and Treatment of Narcolepsy.- Mental Disorders Associated With Disturbed Sleep.- Sleep and the Esophagus.- Circadian Rhythm Disorders.- Bruxism.- Restless Legs Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movements.- Introduction to Polysomnography.- Portable Monitoring.- Correct CPT Coding, Billing, and Documentation in Sleep Medicine.
- Author BiographyJames F. Pagel, M.D., works at the Rocky Mt. Sleep Disorders Center and is Director of Sleep works Laboratory, Colorado Springs, Colorado. He is the author of more than eighty papers on dream use, insomnia, sleep/dream electrophysiology, drug effects on sleep and dreams, altitude effects on sleep, the definition of dream, and stress/disaster associations of dreaming. He is co-author of training programs for sleep physicians on pediatric sleep and obstructive sleep apnea and the ICD-11 diagnostic code for Recurrent Nightmares. Recent areas of study include drug induced nightmares, drugs that induce somnolence, the role of dreaming in the creative process, non-dreamers, the changes in dream and nightmare recall with age, gender and sleep apnea, the association of AD/HD with pediatric sleep apnea and the body-mind interface. Current projects: The association of pediatric OSA with AD/HD Insomnia in adolescents Insomnia and dream/nightmare recall Quantitative EEG analysis in pediatric patients with AD/HD.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.