All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
About this product
- Author(s)Carl B. Pomerance,Richard Crandall
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/10/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight932 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Primes!.- Number-Theoretical Tools.- Recognizing Primes and Composites.-Primality Proving.- Exponential Factoring Algorithms.- Subexponential Factoring Algorithms.- Elliptic Curve Arithmetic.- The Ubiquity of Prime Numbers.- Fast Algorithms for Large-Integer Arithmetic.- Book Pseudocode.- References.- Index.
- Author BiographyRichard Crandall currently holds the title of Apple Distinguished Scientist, having previously been Apples Chief Cryptographer, the Chief Scientist at NeXT, Inc., and recipient of the Vollum Chair of Science at Reed College. His primary interest is interdisciplinary scientific computation, though he has authored numerous theoretical papers in quantum physics, biology, mathematics, and chemistry, as well as various patents across engineering fields. Carl Pomerance received his Ph.D. in mathematics from Harvard University in 1972. Currently he is a professor at Dartmouth College. A popular lecturer and winner of the Chauvenet and Conant Prizes for expository mathematical writing, Pomerance is well known for his research in computational number theory, his efforts having produced important algorithms now in wide use.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.