All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a drab North Korean city, a seventh daughter is born to a couple longing for a son. Abandoned hours after her birth, she is eventually rescued by her grandmother. The old woman names the child Bari, after a legend telling of a forsaken princess who undertakes a quest for an elixir that will bring peace to the souls of the dead.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1943, Hwang Sok-yong is one of Asia's most renowned authors. A tireless human-rights activist, he was sentenced in 1993 to seven years in a South Korean prison (serving five) for a 'breach of national security', after making unauthorised trips to North Korea to promote openness between the two countries. He is the recipient of South Korea's most prestigious literary prizes, and has been shortlisted for the Prix Femina Etranger.
- Author(s)Hwang Sok-Yong
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height202 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £55.77Trending at £63.98
- £3.00Trending at £4.48
- £4.90Trending at £7.15
- £7.61Trending at £7.76
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £4.02Trending at £4.41
- £15.00Trending at £16.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.