All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a journey into the world of women in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish community of Jerusalem toward the end of Ottoman rule in the Holy Land. Margalit Shilo sheds new light on female society of the time, a subject nearly untouched by historians.
- Author BiographyMargalit Shilo is a professor in the Land of Israel Studies Department, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel. This book was first published in Hebrew by Haifa University Press and was awarded the Ya'acov Bahat Prize for Outstanding Academic Books in 2000 by Haifa University.
- Author(s)Margalit Shilo
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication11/03/2002
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleBrandeis Series on Jewish Women
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrandeis University Press
- Content Note11 illus.
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.