More items related to this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.50Trending at £19.54
- £29.14Trending at £34.99
- £17.90Trending at £20.05
- £17.98Trending at £20.68
- £10.99Trending at £12.91
- £11.60Trending at £17.06
- £3.60Trending at £4.01
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a balance between structure and function, emphasizing the correlations between normal physiology and pathophysiology, normal anatomy and pathology, and homeostasis and homeostatic imbalances.
- Author BiographyGerard J. Tortora is Professor of Biology and former Coordinator at Bergen Community College in Paramus, NJ, where he teaches human anatomy and physiology as well as microbiology. He received his bachelor's degree in biology from Fairleigh Dickinson University and his master's degree in science education from Montclair State College. He is a member of many professional organizations, such as the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS), the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), National Education Association (NEA), and the Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists (MACUB). Above all, Jerry is devoted to his students and their aspirations. In recognition of this commitment, Jerry was the recipient of MACUB's 1992 President's Memorial Award. In 1996, he received a National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) excellence award from the University of Texas and was selected to represent Bergen Community College in a campaign to increase awareness of the contributions of community colleges to higher education. Jerry is also the author of several best-selling science textbooks and laboratory manuals, a calling that often requires an additional 40 hours per week beyond his teaching responsibilities. Bryan H. Derrickson is Professor of Biology at Valencia Community College. He has also taught Biology at Spellman College and Alamance Community College. Bryan received his bachelor's degree in Biology from Morehouse College and his Ph.D in Cell Biology from Duke University.
- Author(s)Gerard J. Tortora
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2005
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Out-of-print date19/04/2010
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. ports.
- Weight3380 g
- Width241 mm
- Height280 mm
- Edition Statement11th International edition
Most relevant reviews
- nickie100403 Aug, 2017by
A must-have to study anatomy & physiology
Recommended reading to study osteopathy. Great diagrams, questions at end of each chapter. A very well thought-out book!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.