All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.81
- £27.44Trending at £28.45
- £108.12Trending at £157.09
- £14.41Trending at £15.87
- £10.18Trending at £12.19
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
- £22.72Trending at £30.00
About this product
- DescriptionFire risk assessment in buildings is an integral part of the current move towards performance-based building regulations in most countries. However, the subject is relatively new, and not many people know exactly what fire risk assessment is.
- Author BiographyThe author is currently the President of his own consulting company, Yung & Associates Inc. He has worked in fire research and fire risk assessment for over 20 years. From 2002 to 2006, he was Research Leader of Fire Science at the Australian national research organization CSIRO in Sydney, Australia. Before that, he was a Senior Research Officer and Group Leader of Fire Risk Assessment for 17 years at the National Research Council Canada (NRCC) in Ottawa. He led a team that developed one of the world's comprehensive fire risk-cost assessment models, called FiRECAM. Before joining the fire research group at NRCC in 1985, he spent seven years at the Argonne National Laboratory in the USA, and three years at the Chalk River Nuclear Laboratory and NRCC, conducting nuclear and solar energy research. The author's work is mentioned in the book History of Fire Protection Engineering , published in 2003 by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) in the USA. He is a member of the NFPA Technical Committee on Fire Risk Assessment Methods. In September 2003, he was given the 'Hats Off' award by SFPE for his service as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Fire Protection Engineering . In May 2001, he was elected a Fellow of the SFPE for his achievement in fire protection engineering. He has over 100 publications in fire, nuclear and solar energy, and desalination and water purification. He serves on the editorial boards of three major international fire journals and is the past Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Fire Protection Engineering . He holds a B.Eng. from McGill University, an M.A.Sc. from the University of Toronto, and a Ph.D. from MIT, all in mechanical engineering. In addition, he is a licensed professional engineer in the Province of Ontario, Canada and a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Author(s)David Yung
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2004
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.