All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)John M. DeMan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/01/2013
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Science Text Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note366 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1133 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 1999
- Table Of ContentsWater.- Lipids.- Proteins.- Carbohydrates.- Minerals.- Color.- Flavor.- Texture.- Vitamins.- Enzymes.- Additives and Contaminants.- Regulatory Control of Food Composition, Quality, and Safety.
- Author BiographyJohn deMan is a University Professor Emeritus in the Department of Food Science at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. He is a former chairman of the department and past president of the Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology. He has published over 250 papers and book chapters on many aspects of food chemistry. He has received many professional awards, including the Dairy Research award of the American Dairy Science Association, the Institute award of the Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology, the Alton E. Baily award of the American Oil Chemists' Society, the Stephen S. Chang award of the Institute of Food Technologists, and the Kaufmann Memorial award of the International Society for Fat Research. He is a fellow of the Institute of Food Technologists, the Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology, and the Malaysian Oil Science and Technology Association.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.