All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnified treatment of physical principles of planetary climates for advanced students and researchers in atmospheric science, Earth and planetary science.
- Author BiographyRaymond T. Pierrehumbert is the Louis Block Professor in the Geophysical Sciences at the University of Chicago, where he has taught and undertaken research on a wide variety of Earth and planetary climate problems for over twenty years. He shared in the Nobel Peace Prize as a lead author of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Third Assessment Report. He co-authored the U.S. National Research Council report on Abrupt Climate Change, and is currently on the National Research Council panel on CO2 stabilization targets, as well as being a member of their Board on Atmospheric Science and Climate. He has been a John Simon Guggenheim Fellow, is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, and was named Chevalier de l'Ordre des Palmes Academiques by the Republic of France. In addition to his research on planetary climate, he writes regularly for the popular RealClimate.org climate science blog.
- Author(s)Raymond T. Pierrehumbert
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note143 b/w illus. 23 tables 370 exercises
- Weight1580 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.