All listings for this product
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.62Trending at £27.50
- £6.67Trending at £7.00
- £16.50Trending at £21.01
- £18.04Trending at £19.94
- £14.33Trending at £23.13
- £32.07Trending at £33.84
- £23.56Trending at £26.17
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an understanding of the internals of transaction processing systems, describing how they work and how best to use them. This book includes the architecture of Web Application Servers, transactional communications paradigms, and mechanisms for recovering from transaction and system failures.
- Author Biographyis a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Corporation and author of over 150 technical articles on database and transaction systems. He was previously lead architect for Digital Equipment Corporation's transaction processing products group and was a professor at Harvard University. He is an ACM Fellow and member of the National Academy of Engineering. is an independent consultant working in the CTO Office at Progress Software. He was previously CTO of IONA Technologies and a TP Architect at Digital Equipment Corporation. He has contributed to multiple enterprise software products and standards.
- PrizesWinner of Intel Recommended Reading List for Developers, 1st Half 2013 - Books for Software Developers 2013 and Intel Recommended Reading List for Developers, 2nd Half 2013 - Books for Software Developers 2013 and Intel Recommended Reading List for Developers, 1st Half 2014 - Books for Software Developers 2014.
- Author(s)Eric Newcomer,Philip A. Bernstein
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Weight810 g
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.