All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £3.98
- £8.79Trending at £10.34
- £6.35Trending at £7.95
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
About this product
- DescriptionRather than limiting itself to a single therapeutic model, this book describes a comprehensive, multi-modal approach to simple and complex trauma presentations. Filled with examples, tools, and interventions, it provides directly applicable information on how to apply different treatment techniques and modalities.
- Author BiographyJohn N. Briere, PhD, is Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology at the Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, where he consults and teaches in the ER, burn unit, and inpatient psychiatry, and Center Director of the USC Adolescent Trauma Training Center's National Child Traumatic Stress Network. A past president of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, he is recipient of the Robert S. Laufer Memorial Award for Scientific Achievement from ISTSS, and the Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Science of Trauma Psychology from the American Psychological Association's Division 56, and has been designated Highly Cited Researcher (Behavioral Sciences) by the Institute for Scientific Information. He is author of a number of books, articles, and psychological tests in the areas of trauma and interpersonal violence, and has a long-standing interest in the clinical applications of meditation, mindfulness, and compassion. His website is johnbriere.com. Catherine Scott, MD, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine. Her educational background includes Harvard College, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and psychiatric residency training at Cornell and USC. She was formerly Medical Director of the Psychological Trauma Program at Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center, and the Associate Medical Director of the Psychiatric Emergency Service at Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center, where she taught and supervised resident physicians and medical students in the assessment and treatment of trauma-related disorders arising from sexual and physical violence, torture, child abuse, and other forms of interpersonal violence. Although continuing to teach, Dr. Scott stepped down from administrative duties in order to pursue writing and research projects. Her clinical and research interests include human rights, women's issues, and the remediation of sexual violence and its effects.
- Author(s)Catherine Scott,John N. Briere
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.