All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Michael Baron
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2013
- GenreComputing: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note99 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight1065 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction and Overview Making decisions under uncertainty Overview of this book Probability and Random Variables Probability Sample space, events, and probability Rules of Probability Equally likely outcomes. Combinatorics Conditional probability. Independence Discrete Random Variables and Their Distributions Distribution of a random variable Distribution of a random vector Expectation and variance Families of discrete distributions Continuous Distributions Probability density Families of continuous distributions Central limit theorem Computer Simulations and Monte Carlo Methods Introduction Simulation of random variables Solving problems by Monte Carlo methods Stochastic Processes Stochastic Processes Definitions and classifications Markov processes and Markov chains Counting processes Simulation of stochastic processes Queuing Systems Main components of a queuing system The Little's Law Bernoulli single-server queuing process M/M/1 system Multiserver queuing systems Simulation of queuing systems Statistics Introduction to Statistics Population and sample, parameters and statistics Simple descriptive statistics Graphical statistics Statistical Inference I Parameter estimation Confidence intervals Unknown standard deviation Hypothesis testing Inference about variances Statistical Inference II Chi-square tests Nonparametric statistics Bootstrap Bayesian inference Regression Least squares estimation Analysis of variance, prediction, and further inference Multivariate regression Model building Appendix Appendix Inventory of distributions Distribution tables Calculus review Matrices and linear systems Answers to selected exercises Index Summary, Conclusions, and Exercises are included at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyMichael Baron is a professor of statistics at the University of Texas at Dallas. He has published two books and numerous research articles and book chapters. Dr. Baron is a fellow of the American Statistical Association, a member of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis, and an associate editor of the Journal of Sequential Analysis. In 2007, he was awarded the Abraham Wald Prize in Sequential Analysis. His research focuses on the use of sequential analysis, change-point detection, and Bayesian inference in epidemiology, clinical trials, cyber security, energy, finance, and semiconductor manufacturing. He received a Ph.D. in statistics from the University of Maryland.
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.