All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication04/04/2016
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note331 black & white illustrations, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight1105 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byAnthony Guerrero,Daniel Alicata,Melissa Piasecki,Negar Nicole Jacobs
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsHow to Use this Book.- Child Development.- Effects of Early Experience on Brain and Body.- Learning Principles of Human Behavior.- Sexuality Throughout the Life Cycle.- Adaptation and Coping in a Medical Setting.- Violence and Abuse.- The Physician-Patient Relationship.- Clinical Ethics and Professionalism.- Adherence in Medicine.- Stress and Health.- Healthcare 101 and Systems-based Practice.- Stigma and Medicine.- Culture, ethnicity, and medicine.- Quantitative Measures in Healthcare.- Death, Dying, and End-of-life Care.- Basic Principles of Evaluation: Interviewing, Mental Status Examination, Differential Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning.- Disorders of Childhood.- Substance-related and Addictive Disorders.- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders.- Mood Disorders and suicide.- Anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive and related disorders, trauma and stressor-related disorders.- Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders.- Personality Disorders.- Neurocognitive Disorders.- Sleep-Wake Disorders.- Feeding and Eating Disorders.- Sexual Disorders.- Other Disorders.
- Author BiographyDr. Alicata is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Associate Training Director of the Child and Adolescent Residency Training Program at the University of Hawai'i, John A. Burns School of Medicine. He has published in the areas of neuroimaging, youth addiction and the integration of telemental health in education, training and rural workforce development. Dr. N. Nicole Jacobs is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Nevada School of Medicine. She serves as the Behavioral Science Coordinator and is the Co-Director of the Practice of Medicine Block. She completed her undergraduate education at the University of Washington in Seattle and earned her graduate degrees at the University of Nevada in Reno. She completed her internship and post-doctoral fellowship at the Veteran's Affairs Sierra Nevada Health Care System in Reno, Nevada. Her areas of special interest include development and delivery of evidence-based treatments, integrated medical student and resident education, behavioral health care with a focus on behavioral medicine and the delivery of behavioral health care in primary care settings, addictive disorders, infertility, implicit bias, and cross-cultural issues. Dr. Guerrero is Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Chair of the Department of Psychiatry, and Director of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division and Residency Training Program at the University of Hawai'i John A. Burns School of Medicine. He has published in the areas of medical student education and problem-based learning, Asian and Pacific Islander mental health, and the interface between primary care and psychiatry. Dr. Melissa Piasecki is a professor of psychiatry and the Executive Associate Dean at the University of Nevada School of Medicine. She is also on faculty at the National Judicial College. Her specialty is forensic psychiatry. She earned her bachelor's degree and her M.D. from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. She completed her psychiatry residency at the University of Vermont and her forensic psychiatry fellowship at the University of Hawaii. She teaches psychiatry, the neuroscience of addiction, and forensic psychiatry to medical students, medical residents, and legal professionals. She is a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and is a member of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £34.04
- £6.95Trending at £10.27
- £14.33Trending at £17.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.39
- £24.06Trending at £27.07
- £29.31Trending at £31.56
- £22.50Trending at £29.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.