CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Proceedings of the Tenth Seminar of the IATS, 2003. Volume 12: Buddhism Beyond the Monastery: Tantric Practices and their Performers in Tibet and the Himalayas by Brill (Hardback, 2009)
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £8.49Trending at £9.59
- £8.96Trending at £9.40
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £26.39Trending at £29.73
- £11.09Trending at £13.43
- £21.99Trending at £25.61
About this product
- DescriptionBalancing the academic emphasis on Buddhist monastic studies, this volume focuses on noncelibate religious specialists including Tantric professionals, village lamas, spirit mediums, and Treasure revealers in Central and Eastern Tibet, Bhutan, and India from historical times to the present day.
- Author BiographySarah Jacoby, Ph.D. (2007) in Religion, University of Virginia, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Religion at Northwestern University. Interested in Tibetan biography, revelation, and gender studies, she is researching the life and works of the Tibetan visionary Sera Khandro. Antonio Terrone, Doctoral Candidate at Leiden University, is Visiting Assistant Professor at Northwestern University. Interested in the history and religious practices of the Nyingma School, he is investigating the phenomena of Treasure revealers in Tibetan areas of contemporary China.
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight490 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Volume editorAntonio Terrone,Sarah Jacoby
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.