All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ashok Kumar Verma
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note85 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight760 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction to Modelling and Simulation Chemical Processes What Is Simulation? Modelling Summary References An Overview of Modelling and Simulation Strategy for Simulation Approaches for Model Development Types of Models Types of Equations in a Model and Solution Strategy Sources of Equations Simplifying Concepts Summary References Models Based on Simple Laws Equation of State Henry's Law Newton's Law of Viscosity Fourier's Law of Heat Conduction Fick's First Law Fick's Second Law Film Model Two-Film Theory Arrhenius' Law Adsorption Isotherms Examples Summary References Models Based on Laws of Conservation Laws of Conservation of Momentum, Mass and Energy Laminar Flow Boundary Layers: Momentum, Thermal and Diffusional Turbulence Models Surface Renewal Models at High Flux of Momentum, Mass or Heat Analogy between Momentum, Mass and Heat Transfer Simple Models for Reactors and Bioreactors Summary References Multiphase Systems without Reaction Consideration of a Continuous-Phase Axial Solid Profile in a Slurry Bubble Column Single Interface: The Wetted Wall Column Stationary Dispersed-Phase Systems (Gas-Solid Systems) Moving Dispersed Systems (Gas-Solid Systems): Wall-to-bed Heat Transfer in a Fluidised Bed Moving Dispersed Systems (Gas-Liquid Systems): Transfer Processes in Bubble Columns Regions of Interest Adjacent to the Interface More Than One Mechanism of Heat Transfer: Flat-Plate Solar Collector Introducing Other Effects in Laws of Conservation Summary References Multiphase Systems with Reaction Development of a Model for Multiphase Reactors: Common Assumptions and Methodology Packed Bed Reactors Trickle Bed Reactors Slurry Reactors Fluidised Bed Reactors Summary References Population Balance Models and Discrete-Event Models Stochastic Models The Complex Nature of the Dispersed Phase Population Balance Equation Probability Distribution Functions Population Balance Models: Simulation Methodology Summary References Artificial Neural Network-Based Models Artificial Neural Networks Development of ANN-Based Models Applications of ANNs in Chemical Engineering Advantages of ANN-Based Models Limitations of ANN-Based Models Hybrid Neural Networks Summary References Model Validation and Sensitivity Analysis Model Validation: Objective Model Validation Methodology Sensitivity Analysis Global Sensitivity Measures Role of Sensitivity Analysis Summary References Case Studies Axial Distribution of Solids in Slurry Bubble Columns: Analytical Deterministic Models Conversion for a Gas-Liquid Reaction in a Shallow Bed: A Numerical Model Stochastic Model to Predict Wall-to-Bed Mass Transfer in Packed and Fluidised Beds Artificial Neural Network Model: Heat Transfer in Bubble Columns Summary References Simulation of Large Plants Interconnecting Sub-Models Simulation Study Flowsheeting and Continuous Processes Short-Cut Methods and Rigorous Methods Dynamic Simulation Batch Processes Summary References Appendix A Appendix B Index
- Author BiographyAshok Kumar Verma is a professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Technology at the Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi. He holds a BSc from Allahabad University, a BE in chemical engineering from University of Roorkee (now Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee), an ME in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore, and a PhD in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Dr. Verma joined the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi in 1984. Dr. Verma has authored or co-authored numerous papers in journals, and national and international proceedings.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.66
- £15.72Trending at £18.04
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £28.12
- £23.97Trending at £26.11
- £23.56Trending at £40.17
- £11.91Trending at £20.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.