All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fundamental issue in second language acquisition research and in applied linguistics is the question of how learners acquire a second language. Today it is general knowledge that any second language learning follows certain, theoretically established and empirically supported developmental sequences.
- Author BiographyDr. Jorg-U. Kessler works as Senior Lecturer and researcher in the applied linguistics programme at the English Department at the University of Paderborn, Germany. He has worked on the evaluation and calibration of Rapid Profile, a computer-assisted diagnostic tool to trace L2 development for his PhD. He conducted post doctoral research as a guest member of staff at the School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne (UK) and Paderborn (Germany). His research interests encompass psycholinguistic approaches to second language learning, task-based language teaching, and teaching methodology in primary school EFL classrooms and immersion settings. In his current research he works on various applications of Processability Theory to the language classroom. He is a member of the State Committee for the evaluation of English in Primary Schools in the State of North-Rhine Westfalia, Germany. His publications include several books on the acquisition of L2 English in formal settings and a range of articles on task-based language teaching.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJorg-U. Kessler
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £9.75Trending at £12.79
- £24.99Trending at £25.81
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £21.73Trending at £23.89
- £20.42Trending at £24.00
- £14.58Trending at £15.19
- £63.23Trending at £92.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.