All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2017
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byStephen A. Webb
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgements Notes on Contributors Chapter 1 Matters of Professional Identity and Social Work Stephen A. Webb PART 1 Key concepts and perspectives Chapter 2 Perspectives on Professional Identity: the changing world of the social worker Mike Dent Chapter 3 What is professional identity and how do social workers acquire it? Fran Wiles Chapter 4 Materiality, Performance and the Making of Professional Identity Torben Elgaard Jensen Chapter 5 Constructing the social, constructing social work Elizabeth Harlow PART 2 Location, context and workplace culture Chapter 6 Vocation and professional identity: Social workers at home and abroad Mark Erickson and Jem Price Chapter 7 Risk work in the formation of the 'professional' in child protection social work Emily Keddell and Tony Stanley Chapter 8 Identity formation, scientific rationality and embodied knowledge in child welfare Melissa Hardesty Chapter 9 Field, Capital and Professional Identity: Social Work in Health Care Liz Beddoe Chapter 10 Interprofessional collaboration: strengthening or weakening social work identity? Julia Emprechtinger and Peter Voll Chapter 11 Commitment in the making of professional identity Stewart Collins Chapter 12 Professional identity in the care and upbringing of children: towards a praxis of residential child care Mark Smith PART 3 Professional education, socialisation and readiness for practice Chapter 13 Shaping Identity? The Professional Socialisation of Social Work Students Julia Wheeler Chapter 14 Credible performances: Affect and professional identity Jadwiga Leigh Chapter 15 Making Professional Identity: Narrative Work and Fateful Moments Maura Daly and Martin Kettle Chapter 16 Professional Identity as a Matter of Concern Stephen A. Webb References Index
- Author BiographyStephen A. Webb is Professor of Social Work at Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland. Previous to this he was Professor of Human Sciences and Director of the Institute for Social Inclusion and Well-being, University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia and Professorial Research Fellow at the University of Sussex, UK.
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.88
- £26.61Trending at £27.88
- £25.66Trending at £27.88
- £23.42Trending at £29.99
- £11.60Trending at £13.41
- £19.28Trending at £20.68
- £17.29Trending at £22.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.