CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.56Trending at £18.13
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
- £17.29Trending at £22.26
- £15.23Trending at £15.65
- £16.71Trending at £17.94
- £7.52Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an indispensable introduction to the most significant figures in contemporary social theory. It provides detailed accounts of the development of the work of major social theorists and charts the relationship between different traditions of social, cultural and political thought.
- Author BiographyBryan S. Turner is Professor of Sociology in the Asian Research Institute (ARI) at the National University of Singapore. Previously he was Professor of Sociology in the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Cambridge from 1998-2005. His research interests include globalization and religion, concentrating on such issues as religious conflict and the modern state, religious authority and electronic information, religious, consumerism and youth cultures, human rights and religion, the human body, medical change, and religious cosmologies. He is Joint Chief Editor of the journal Citizenship Studies and serves on the editorial boards of several prestigious journals.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2001
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width184 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byAnthony Elliott,Professor Bryan S. Turner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.