Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.81Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection brings together twelve new language profiles of the Language Assessment Remediation and Screening Procedure (LARSP) from around the world. It will be an invaluable resource for speech-language pathologists in many countries, and for those wishing to analyse the grammatical abilities of clients of many linguistic backgrounds.
- Author BiographyPaul Fletcher is Emeritus Professor of Speech and Hearing Sciences at University College Cork, Ireland. Since the 1970s he has published widely on language development and language impairment in children speaking English, and more recently on those speaking Cantonese and Mandarin. His research focus, initially primarily on syntax, has broadened to include vocabulary, and the interaction between vocabulary and syntax in language development. He is the author, with Ciara O'Toole, of Language Development and Language Impairment: A Problem-based Introduction (2016). Martin J. Ball is Professor of Speech Language Pathology at Linkoping University, Sweden. He is co-editor of the journal Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics (Taylor & Francis), and the book series Communication Disorders Across Languages (Multilingual Matters). His main research interests include sociolinguistics, clinical phonetics and phonology, and the Celtic languages. David Crystal is Honorary Professor of Linguistics at the University of Bangor, UK. Since 1984, he has worked from his home in Holyhead, North Wales as a writer, editor, lecturer and broadcaster on linguistics, applied linguistics, and English language studies. His books include The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language (3rd edn, 2010), The Stories of English (2004) and Making a Point; the Pernickety Story of English Punctuation (2015).
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleCommunication Disorders Across Languages
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDavid Crystal,Martin J. Ball,Paul Fletcher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.