All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £7.99Trending at £10.74
- £14.47Trending at £17.49
- £10.66Trending at £11.18
- £11.24Trending at £15.13
- £41.97Trending at £66.88
- £10.29Trending at £11.15
- £19.17Trending at £26.99
About this product
- Author(s)Muhammad Ehsan Khan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitleBest Practices and Advances in Program Management Series
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsFOUNDATION OF GOVERNANCE Governance Defining Governance Governance at Multiple Levels Summary References Transaction Cost Economics Transactions-Core Elements and Attributes Behavioral Assumptions Governance Structure Attributes Hazards of Concern Incomplete Contracting Bilateral Dependency and Fundamental Transformation Adaptation or Maladaptation Linking Governance, Governance Structures, and Contracts The Impact of Asset Specificity and Behavioral Assumptions on Contracts Application to Projects and Programs Summary References Agency Theory Agency Problems and Agency Loss Agency Costs and Contracts Application and Support Criticism Complementary Theories Stewardship Theory Resource Dependency Theory Summary References Corporate Governance Why Corporate Governance? Defining Corporate Governance Factors Affecting Corporate Governance and Its Evolution Corporate Governance Institutions The Board of Directors Auditors and Their Independence Functions of Corporate Governance Reporting and Disclosure Resource Management Risk Management Performance Management Relationship Management Strategic Oversight Compliance The Human Side of Corporate Governance Ethics and Ethical Compliance Rationality and Behavioral Aspects Design and Implementation Considerations Summary References PROGRAMS Temporary Organizations What Are Temporary Organizations? Projects and Programs as Temporary Organizations Summary References Programs Defining Programs Program Characteristics Benefits Delivery Strategic Focus Intended Temporariness The Need for Integration Uncertainty at the Core Delivering Change Adaptability to Change Program Categorization Program Management Program Life Cycle Formation Organization Benefits Delivery Closure External Context of the Program Organizational Fit Program Flexibility Organizational Stability Resource Availability Summary References PROGRAM GOVERNANCE Program Governance Defining Program Governance Why Should Programs Be Governed? Program Governance Perspectives Summary References Program Governance Domains Program Structure and Processes Program Resources Program Strategy Program Decisions Escalated Risks and Issues Program Progress Program Benefits Program Stakeholders Summary References Program Governance Functions Benefits Definition Governance and Management Framework Organizing and Structuring Process and Mechanism Ensuring Strategic Alignment Directing Benefits Delivery Interfacing and Coordination Reviewing Progress Providing Governance Oversight Support and Guidance Monitoring and Control Reporting and Communicating Authorization and Approvals Summary References Program Governance Institutions and Roles The Board of Directors Portfolio Management Executive Sponsors The Program Governance Board The Program Management Office Advisory Panels Audit Committees Generic Roles-The Broker and Steward Summary References Program Governance Mechanisms Strategic Reviews Stage Gate Reviews Periodic Health Checks On-Demand Consultation and Reviews Program Audits Planned and On-Demand Reporting Quality Review Advisory Sessions Summary References Factors Affecting Program Governance Organizational Factors Corporate Governance Organizational Governance Paradigm External Factors Cultural Influences Legislation, Regulations, and Standards Program Attributes Benefits Delivery Mechanisms Program Structure Program Uncertainty and Complexity Program Life Cycle Stage Program Strategic Value Program Performance Differences in Governance Regimes-Some Research Summary References Contingent Governance Framework for Programs (CGFPrg(TM)) Contingency Theory Aligning Agility and Discipline: Contingent Governance Framework for Programs Influential Factors Governance Framework Elements Guide
- Author BiographyDr. Muhammad Ehsan Khan is an entrepreneur and an internationally acknowledged professional on the subject of Governance and Management of Strategic Initiatives. An award-winning strategist with over a decade of leadership success, and a career that has driven multi-million dollar projects for various clients in Middle East and Pakistan, He is a founding member, and presently serves as a Partner/VP Operations and Service delivery, in a UAE based firm Inseyab Consulting & Information Solutions LLC. He holds a doctoral degree in Strategic, Programme and Project Management (Major de Promotion/Valedictorian) from SKEMA Business School, France and a certified Program (PgMP(R)) ) and Project Management Professional (PMP(R)). Ehsan is a recipient of PMI James R. Snyder Award for the year 2012 and was awarded the Young Researcher of the year award by IPMA in 2013. He is the author of first every book on the subject of program governance. Dr. Khan has provided management, consulting and mentoring services in the Middle East Region. He has been involved in establishment of PMO, implementation of management and governance frameworks and related practices and tools, in order to create an environment of project management excellence. He has also been managing medium-large scale ICT programs and projects for various customers, especially for ones in the governmental sector.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.