CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £5.54Trending at £5.72
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionExplores various competency models for program management. This book delineates a competency model that follows the framework of PMI's model for project managers but is applied to program managers with performance and personal competencies.
- Author BiographyDr. Ginger Levin is a senior consultant and educator in project management. Her specialty areas are portfolio management, program management, the Project Management Office, knowledge management, metrics, and maturity assessments. She is certified as a PMP(R), PgMP(R), and as an OPM3 Assessor and Consultant. She was the second person in the world to receive the PgMP. In addition, Dr. Levin is an Adjunct Professor for the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, where she teaches in its M.S. in Project Management Program and for SKEMA (Esc Lille) University, France, in its project management program at the master's and doctoral level. Also, she is a Visiting Professor for RMIT in Melbourne, Australia. In consulting, she has served as Project Manager in numerous efforts for Fortune 500 and public-sector clients, including UPS, Citibank, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, General Electric, SAP, EADS, John Deere, Schreiber Foods, TRW, the New York City Transit Authority, the U.S. Joint Forces Command, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Prior to her work in consulting, she held positions of increasing responsibility with the U.S. Government, including the Federal Aviation Administration, Office of Personnel Management, and the General Accounting Office. She is the co-author of Implementing Program Management: Forms and Templates Aligned with the Standard for Program Management, Second Edition (2008); Project Portfolio Management: Tools & Techniques; Metrics for Project Management; Achieving Project Management Success Using Virtual Teams; The Advanced Project Management Office: A Comprehensive Look at Function and Implementation; People Skills for Project Managers; Essential People Skills for Project Managers; The Business Development Capability Maturity Model; and ESI's PMP Challenge! PMP Study Guide and the PgMP Study Guide (along with J. LeRoy Ward). Her book entitled Interpersonal Skills for Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers also was published in 2010. Dr. Levin received her doctorate in Information Systems Technology and Public Administration from The George Washington University, and received the Outstanding Dissertation Award for her research on large organizations. She also was inducted into Phi Alpha Alpha, the National Honorary Society for Public Affairs and Administration. J. LeRoy Ward, Executive Vice President, is responsible for ESI's worldwide product offerings and international partnerships. Complementing a 17-year career with four U.S. federal agencies, Ward has delivered project management programs to clients around the world.A noted author and speaker, Ward has served on the adjunct faculties of The George Washington University and The American University, presenting courses in remote sensing, cartography, computer systems management, and information systems. He has authored numerous articles and publications, including the Dictionary of Project Management Terms (3rd ed.); the PMP(R) Exam Practice Test and Study Guide, PMP(R) Challenge!, and the PgMP(R) Exam Practice Test and Study Guide (with Ginger Levin); a set of audio CDs entitled Conversations on Passing the PMP(R) Exam (with Carl Pritchard); and, ProjectFRAMEWORK, a Project Management Maturity Model (with multiple authors). His articles have appeared in PMNetwork, Chief Learning Officer, and Project Manager Today (U.K.). A popular and dynamic presenter, he speaks frequently on project management and related topics at professional association meetings and conferences around the world. Ward holds B.S. and M.S. degrees from Southern Connecticut State University in geography and an MSTM degree, with distinction, in Computer Systems Management from The American University, where he was inducted into Phi Alpha Alpha, the National Honorary Society for Public Affairs and Administration. He is an alumnus of the General Services Administration's Trail Boss Program (for major systems acquisitions) and the Federal Executive I
- Author(s)Ginger Levin,J. LeRoy Ward
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/2011
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleESI International Project Management Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.