Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £7.80Trending at £10.19
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.56Trending at £26.99
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.20
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number250
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1495 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byVincenzo Zappia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
- Table Of ContentsOrnithine Decarboxylase: Molecular Genetics, Post-Synthetic Modifications and Antizyme.- Androgen Regulation of Ornithine Decarboxylase and S-Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase Gene Expression.- Regulation of Polyamine Biosynthesis in Escherichia coli by the Acidic Antizyme and the Ribosomal Proteins S20 and L34.- Studies on Ornithine Decarboxylase Antizyme.- Ornithine Decarboxylase Antizyme in Mammalian Tissues.- Phosphorylation by Casein Kinase-2 and Reversible Alteration of Thiol Groups: Mechanisms of Control of Ornithine Decarboxylase?.- Modifications of Ornithine Decarboxylase induced by Phosphatases.- Enzymes of Polyamine Metabolism and Recycling.- S-Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase from Escherichia coli and from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: Cloning and Overexpression of the Genes.- Structural and Mechanistic Properties of E. coli Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase.- S-Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase from the Thermophilic Archaebacterium Sulfolobus solfataricus.- Properties of Human and Rodent S-Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase.- Aminopropyltransferases: Mechanistic Studies and the Synthesis of Specific Inhibitors.- Approaching the Structures of Mammalian Propylamine Transferases and their Genes.- Potential Roles of Polyamine Interconversion in the Mammalian Organism.- The Biological Functions of Amine Oxidases and their Reaction Products: an Overview.- Metabolism of 5? -Methylthioadenosine in Normal and Transformed Cells.- Human 5?-Deoxy-5?-Methylthioadenosine Phosphorylase: Kinetic Studies and Catalytic Mechanism.- Methylthioadenosine (MeSAdo) Phosphorylase Deficiency in Malignancy.- Physico-Chemical and Immunological Properties of Bovine Liver 5?-Deoxy-5?-Methylthioadenosine Phosphorylase.- Exploitation of Methylthioribose Kinase in the Development of Antiprotozoal Drugs.- MTA Phosphorylase in Protozoa: a Potential Target for Chemotherapeutic Attack.- Characterization and Biogenesis of 5?-Methylthioxylofuranosyl Adenine, a New Natural Analog of 5?-Methylthioadenosine.- Studies on Human Serum 5?-Deoxy-5?-Methylthioadenosine Phosphorylase: Molecular Properties and Clinical Perspectives.- Polyamines in Cell Growth and Differentiation.- Growth Regulation of the Cellular Levels and Expression of the mRNA Molecules coding for Ornithine Decarboxylase and Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase.- Structure, Amplification and Methylation of Ornithine Decarboxylase Genes in Human Malignant Cells.- Regulation of Polyamine Synthesis in Mammalian Cells.- Mechanisms Involved in Ornithine Decarboxylase Induction by 12-0-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate, a Potent Mouse Skin Tumor Promotor and an Activator of Protein Kinase C.- Polyamines, DNA Methylation and Cell Differentiation.- Two Phases of Ornithine Decarboxylase Activation during Lymphocyte Mitogenesis.- Regulation of Protein Synthesis by Polyamines.- Polyamine Recycling Enzymes in Human Cancer Cells.- Estrogenic Control of Spermidine/Spermine N1-Acetyltransferase Activity in Rat Uterus.- Erythrocyte Polyamines: their Diagnostic and Therapeutic Importance in Human Neuro-Oncology.- Abnormalities of Polyamine Biosynthesis in Spinal Cord of Totally Gastrectomized Rats.- Ornithine Decarboxylase and Polyamine Biosynthesis in Pancreatic Adaptation.- Post-Synthetic Modifications of Proteins Involving Polyamines.- Transglutaminases and their Regulation: Implications for Polyamine Metabolism.- Purification and Structural Characterization of in vitro Synthesized (?-Glutamyl)Spermidine Conjugates of a Major Protein Secreted from the Rat Seminal Vesicles.- Covalent Polyamine-Protein Conjugates: Analysis and Distribution.- Spermidine in Mammalian Lymphocytes and Sea Urchin Embryos: Uptake and Labeling of Macromolecules.- Biosynthesis of Hypusine in eIF-4D Precursors.- Hypusine Biosynthesis in Protein and its Biological Consequences.- Deoxyhypusine Hydroxylase.- Intractions of Polyamines with Macromolecules.- Effect of Polyamines on Protein Kinase C Activation Process.- Interaction of Polyamines with Phos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.