Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis valuable reference on projectors, generalized inverses, and SVD covers concepts numerous cutting-edge concepts and provides systematic and in-depth accounts of these ideas from the viewpoint of linear transformations of finite dimensional vector spaces.
- Author BiographyHaruo Yanai is an educational psychologist and epidemiologist specialized in educational assessment and statistics. While he was developing an aptitude test as part of his doctoral dissertation at the University of Tokyo, he began his pioneering work on unifying various methods of multivariate analysis using projectors. This work has culminated in his widely acclaimed book The Foundations of Multivariate Analysis (Wiley Eastern, 1982) with Takeuchi and Mukherjee. He has held a professorial position in the Research Division at the National Center for University Entrance Examinations and is currently a Professor of Statistics at St. Luke College of Nursing in Tokyo. He is a former President of the Behaviormetric Society and is currently President of the Japan Testing Society. Kei Takeuchi is a mathematical statistician with a strong background in economics. He was a Professor of Statistics in the Faculty of Economics at the University of Tokyo, and after retirement in the Faculty of International Studies at Meiji Gakuin University (now emeritus at both universities). The main fields of his research include the theory of mathematical statistics, especially asymptotic theory of estimation, multivariate analysis, and so on. He has published many papers and books on these subjects in both Japanese and English. He has also published articles on the Japanese economy, impact of science and technology on economy, etc. He is a former President of the Japan Statistical Society and Chairman of the Statistical Commission of Japan. Yoshio Takane earned his Ph.D in quantitative psychology from the University of North Carolina in 1977. Since then he has been a Professor of Psychology at McGill University, specializing in quantitative methodology. He has developed a number of techniques for data analysis such as nonlinear multivariate analysis (MVA), maximum likelihood multidimensional scaling, latent variable models, methods for contingency table analysis, constrained principal component analysis and other structured MVA, and matrix theory associated with these developments. He has published widely in such journals as Psychometrika and Linear Algebra and Its Applications. He is a former President of the Psychometric Society.
- Author(s)Haruo Yanai,Kei Takeuchi,Yoshio Takane
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- Series TitleStatistics for Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight529 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.