Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.20
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £11.65
- £14.99Trending at £16.99
- £14.87Trending at £16.68
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.01
About this product
- DescriptionEmphasizes on enhancing the quality of children's learning and providing support for the practitioners who work with them. In this book, the complexity of addressing the various learning needs of young children is discussed, and strategies to develop children's learning are explored with a focus on communication and mathematical thinking.
- Author BiographyAngela Anning is Professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Leeds. She has a background of teaching at all levels. Her specialisms are the education of young children and art and design education and her career in schools culminated in the Headship of an infant school with a large nursery unit in Salford. Her current role involves initial training of teachers, in-service and masters level teaching, supervision of research students and the development of an innovative BA (Hons) Degree in Childhood Studies. Significant publications in the field of early childhood are The First Years at School 2nd Edn (1997) and A National Curriculum for the Early Years (1995), both published by the Open University Press.Anne Edwards is Professor of Pedagogic Practice at the University of Birmingham. For the past twenty five years she has researched in the fields of primary education, pre-school provision and professional education. Her particular interests lie in children's learning and the professional development of those adults responsible for the development of children as learners. Her current work includes consultancies associated with teaching as a research-based profession and the involvement of parents in raising children's performance in literacy and numeracy. She has written extensively on action research, teacher development and children's learning in educational settings. She is the author, with Peter Knight, of Effective Early Years Education (1994) Open University Press.
- Author(s)Angela Anning,Anne Edwards
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Out-of-print date13/05/2006
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.