Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- Author(s)Professor Jolyon Mitchell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleMedia, Religion and Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 black & white halftones
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations. Acknowledgements. Introduction. Part One: Inciting Violence 1. Visualising Holy War 2. Celebrating Martyrdom 3. Cultivating Violence. Part One Conclusions. Part Two: Promoting Peace 4. Bearing Witness through Film 5. Searching for Truth and Reconciliation 6. Promoting Peace on Screen 7. Conclusion: 'Swords into Ploughshares'. Notes. Bibliography. Webography. Filmography. Index.
- Author BiographyJolyon Mitchell is Professor of Communications, Arts and Religion and Director of the Centre for Theology and Public Issues at the University of Edinburgh, UK. A former BBC World Service producer and journalist, he has written and lectured widely on issues relating to communications, violence and peacebuilding. His publications include Media Violence and Christian Ethics (2007) and Religion, Media and Culture: A Reader (2011).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.