CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the politics of land and the use of natural resources in Africa.
- Author BiographyCatherine Boone is Professor of Government at the University of Texas, Austin. Boone has been a member of the Board of Directors of the African Studies Association, the Executive Council of the American Political Science Association (APSA) and the Executive Committee of the Comparative Politics Section of APSA, as well as of review boards for the National Science Foundation, Fulbright, and the Social Science Research Council (SSRC). She was a member of the Africa Regional Advisory Panel of the SSRC and was Secretary of the African Politics Conference Group, an APSA- and ISA-affiliated research network. Boone was Treasurer and then President of the West Africa Research Association (2005-8), which oversees the West African Research Center in Dakar, Senegal. With Archon Fung, she is Program Co-Chair for the 2013 APSA Annual Meeting. She is a member of the advisory committee of APSA's Africa Workshops Program. She is author of Merchant Capital and the Roots of State Power in Senegal, 1930-1985 (Cambridge, 1992), which was a finalist for the Herskovitz award in 1993, and Political Topographies of the African State: Rural Authority and Institutional Choice (Cambridge, 2003), which was a finalist for the Herskovitz award in 2004, a runner-up for the Luebbert Award in 2004, and winner of the Society for Comparative Research Mattei Dogan Award in 2005.
- PrizesWinner of African Politics Conference Group Best Book Award 2015. Joint winner of APSA Comparative Politics Section Gregory Luebbert Book Award 2016. Short-listed for African Studies Association Melville J. Herskovits Award 2015.
- Author(s)Catherine Boone
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/02/2014
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Comparative Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 13 maps 12 tables
- Weight700 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.