All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionDocumenting the experiences, achievements, challenges, and fundamental insights of the Office of the Prosecutor in prosecuting conflict-related sexual violence crimes at the ICTY, this volume analyses and recommends ways to overcome the obstacles faced in prioritizing, investigating and prosecuting conflict-related sexual violence crimes.
- Author BiographyBaron Serge Brammertz has been Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia since January 2008. From 2006 until 2007 he served as Commissioner of the United Nations International Independent Investigation Commission into the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri. In September 2003 he was elected by the Assembly of State Parties as the first Deputy Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court. In that capacity, he was in charge of establishing the Investigations Division of the Office of the Prosecutor, and initiated the first ICC investigations in Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Darfur. Previously he has been the head of the Federal Prosecution of the Kingdom of Belgium and a national magistrate. He has also worked for the European Commission, the Council of Europe, and the International Organisation for Migration. Michelle Jarvis is an Australian lawyer with extensive international experience and a diverse career covering litigation, rule of law, women's access to justice and senior management roles. She has worked at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) for the past fifteen years and is presently the Office of the Prosecutor's Principal Legal Counsel, where she oversees the Office of the Prosecutor's legacy project on prosecuting sexual violence crimes and she also served four years as the ICTY's Focal Point for Women. She is the Coordinator of the Prosecuting Sexual Violence Network of the International Association of Prosecutors, and a trainer for the Justice Rapid Response Sexual and Gender Based Violence Investigations certification course and served as an expert advisor for the UK Preventing Conflict-Related Sexual Violence Initiative.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1120 g
- Width184 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byBaron Serge Brammertz,Michelle J. Jarvis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.