All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe meteoric rise in criminal prosecutions of former heads of state is examined for the first time in this probing and engaging narrative.
- Author BiographyEllen L. Lutz is the Executive Director of Cultural Survival, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She previously directed the Center for Human Rights and Conflict Resolution and taught international human rights law, international criminal law, and other international law subjects at Tufts University's Fletcher School. From 1989 to 1994, she served as the California Director for Human Rights Watch and as HRW's principal researcher on Mexico. She has written widely on human rights and conflict resolution, international and transnational accountability for human rights violations, indigenous rights, and human rights in Latin America. Lutz received her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley (1985) and her M.A. in anthropology from Bryn Mawr College (1978). Caitlin Reiger, a recognized expert on international prosecutions, is Deputy Director of the Prosecutions Program at the International Center for Transitional Justice. From 2003 to 2005 she was the chamber's senior legal advisor to the judges of the Special Court for Sierra Leone. In 2001 she co-founded and served as legal research coordinator of the Judicial System Monitoring Program in East Timor and later appeared as defense counsel before East Timor's Special Panels for Serious Crimes. Reiger has provided extensive policy advice and comparative research on national-international tribunals for serious human rights violations. Reiger manages ICTJ's Cambodia program and formerly managed the ICTJ's former Yugoslavia program. She received a BA in history and an LLB from the University of Melbourne (1996), and an LLM (in international law/human rights) from the London School of Economics (2003).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCaitlin Reiger,Ellen L. Lutz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £9.00Trending at £9.99
- £3.99Trending at £6.06
- £9.99Trending at £19.13
- £36.79Trending at £39.98
- £29.99Trending at £40.98
- £1.99Trending at £2.01
- £22.63Trending at £22.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.