Prosodic Orientation in English Conversation by Beatrice Szczepek Reed (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £99.49Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £77.31Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by twowsw2books
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe first study, based on instances of everyday talk, to analyze prosodic orientation, a conversational strategy by which speakers design their speaking voice according to the vocal patterns used by their conversational partners. The book explores forms and functions of prosodic orientation, and offers a new perspective on prosody in conversation.
- Author BiographyBEATRICE SZCZEPEK REED is a Research Fellow at the Centre for English Language Education, University of Nottingham, UK. Her research and publications focus on prosody in natural conversation, turn-taking and the interface between singing and speech. Her current research explores teaching turn-taking to learners of English, and intercultural aspects of turn-taking.
- Author(s)Beatrice Szczepek Reed
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/10/2006
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight434 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.