All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionIt is widely held that the United States lagged behind Western Europe in developing modern social policies. This historical analysis, however, shows that the United States actually pioneered generous social spending for many of its elderly, disabled and dependent citizens.
- Author BiographyTheda Skocpol is Victor S. Thomas Professor of Government and Sociology at Harvard University. Her previous works include the prize-winning States and Social Revolutions.
- Author(s)Theda Skocpol
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/1995
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note10 tables, 33 line illustrations
- Weight1053 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.