Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.45Trending at £23.39
- £27.92Trending at £28.21
- £27.19Trending at £29.68
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.79
- £23.46Trending at £23.81
- £19.71Trending at £21.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the impact of recent shifts in global and regional power and the subsequent development and enforcement of international refugee protection standards in the Asia Pacific region. Drawing on their expertise across a number of jurisdictions.
- Author BiographyAngus Francis is the Principal Solicitor at the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service in Brisbane and an Adjunct Professor to the Faculty of Law at the Queensland University of Technology. He has taught immigration and refugee law to undergraduate and postgraduate students at various Australian universities for over a decade. His research in the area has been published in a number of refereed journals including the International Journal of Refugee Law, the Immigration and Nationality Law Review, the Melbourne University Law Review, the Australian Journal of Human Rights, the Alternative Law Journal, and the Australian International Law Journal. He has consulted on Australia's asylum policy to major political parties, international organizations and Senate inquiries, and has worked as a volunteer migration agent and solicitor at the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service (previously SBICLS) on and off since 1990. He was a visiting fellow at the Refugee Studies Centre, Oxford University, in 1996-1997 and 2003. His doctoral thesis examining refugee status determination in Australia and other jurisdictions was completed at ANU. Rowena Maguire is a Lecturer in Queensland University of Technology's Law Faculty and a research affiliate at the Cambridge Centre for Climate Change Mitigation research. Rowena's principal research interests and publications concern international climate and forest regulation and indigenous and community groups rights and responsibilities in connection with environmental management. She teaches law in context, international law and environmental law within the law school at QUT. In addition Rowena has worked on a number of donor-funded consultancy projects designing and delivering environmental training programs for groups from Kenya, China, Vietnam and the Pacific.
- Author(s)Angus Francis,Rowena Maguire
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleLaw, Ethics and Governance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 3 b&w illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Charles Sampford
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.