All listings for this product
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £27.78Trending at £31.75
- £25.45Trending at £31.04
- £12.00Trending at £19.18
- £23.31Trending at £29.23
About this product
- DescriptionFrom sales pitch to propagandistic tool, the author looks at how we adapt proverbs to change social attitudes - the original wording of proverbs changes to fit modern advertising slogans or political rhetoric and late medieval woodcuts illustrating proverbs to find their modern equivalents in political cartoons and comic strips.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Mieder is Professor of German and Folklore at the University of Vermont, where he served for 31 years as the chairperson of the Department of German and Russian. He is an internationally acknowledged proverb scholar, the author of the two-volume International Bibliography of Paremiology and Phraseology (2009), and the founding editor of Proverbium: Yearbook of International Proverb Scholarship (since 1984). His numerous books and articles are concerned with cultural, folkloristic, historical, linguistic, literary, philological, social, and political topics.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Mieder
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2012
- Series TitleInternational Folkloristics
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.