All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £65.99
- £10.11Trending at £14.49
- £15.01Trending at £16.65
- £13.77Trending at £19.98
- £31.44Trending at £52.14
- £11.27Trending at £18.00
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first connected narrative of the interactions of religion, politics and society in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales between 1815 and 1914. Providence and Empire is essential reading for any student who wishes to gain an insight into the social, political and cultural life of this period.
- Author BiographyStewart J. Brown has been Professor of Ecclesiastical History at the University of Edinburgh since 1988. From 2000-2004 he was Dean of the Faculty of Divinity at the University of Edinburgh He has acted as co-editor of the Scottish Historical Review from 1993 to 1999 and is now Honorary President of the Scottish Church History Society, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh and a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society. He is has written seven books and authored over forty articles for various journals.
- Author(s)Stewart Brown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2008
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleReligion, Politics & Society in Britain
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight778 g
- Width157 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.