CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe anonymous theologian known as Pseudo-Dionysius, who was responsible for arranging the angelic hierarchy into nine orders, had a significant influence on mediaeval European mysticism. This book places him in his religious and political context in 6th century Syria, and uncovers the hidden agenda which lies behind his writings.
- Author BiographyHaving originally studied chemistry, Rosemary Arthur later became interested in theology, and returned to London University, obtaining a BD in 1992. This was followed by an MA in Mediaeval English in 1993, specializing in the Anglo-Saxon church. Her doctoral research was carried out at King's College London under the supervision of Dr Graham Gould and she was awarded a PhD in 1998.
- Author(s)Professor Geoffrey Samuel,Rosemary A. Arthur
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleRoutledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byRevd Jeff Astley,Professor James A. Beckford,Mr. Richard Brummer,Professor Vincent Brummer,Professor Paul S. Fiddes,Professor T. J. Gorringe,Mr. Stanley J. Grenz,Mr. Richard Hutch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.