Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychiatry Under the Influence investigates the actions and practices of the American Psychiatric Association and academic psychiatry in the United States, and presents it as a case study of institutional corruption.
- Author BiographyRobert Whitaker is the author of four books, two of which-Mad in America and Anatomy of an Epidemic - tell of the history of psychiatric treatments. Anatomy of an Epidemic won the Investigative Reporters and Editors book award for best investigative journalism in 2010. He is a former Fellow at the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University, USA. Lisa Cosgrove is Professor at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA and a Fellow at the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University, USA. She is also a clinical psychologist. She has co-edited and co-authored casebooks on the ethical and medico-legal issues that arise in organized psychiatry because of financial conflicts of interest. She received the 2014 Distinguished Publication Award from the Association for Women in Psychology for her paper Industry's Colonization of Psychiatry.
- Author(s)Lisa Cosgrove,Robert Whitaker
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXIV, 241 p.
- Weight379 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £4.18Trending at £4.48
- £10.61Trending at £11.09
- £5.27Trending at £5.91
- £6.59Trending at £7.99
- £7.96Trending at £8.16
- £33.52Trending at £41.98
- £7.58Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.