All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £8.49Trending at £9.58
- £5.01Trending at £5.74
- £10.99Trending at £14.99
- £5.41Trending at £5.74
- £7.71Trending at £8.64
- £9.98Trending at £13.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an edited book that brings together many of the most distinguished researchers and clinicians in the field of food misuse. The papers included are drawn from the conferences on psychological approaches to eating disorders and obesity held at the University of Hertfordshire in 2005 and 2006.
- Author BiographyJulia Buckroyd is Professor of Counseling at the University of Hertfordshire and Director of the Obesity and Eating Disorders Research Unit. The Unit was established in 2005 and focuses on the development of psychological responses to disordered eating of all kinds. She trained first as a counsellor and then as a psychotherapist and has worked clinically in the field of eating disorders since 1984. Her interest in obesity grew out of her work with eating disordered young women and she has brought to it many of the psychological perspectives current in that field. She began carrying out research into the treatment obesity in 1999 and has developed an ongoing portofo9lio of research projects. She has co-authored, with Sharon Rother, Therapeutic Groups for Obese Women (2007). Sharon Rother is a Lecturer in Counselling at the University of Hertfordshire and Research Coordinator for the Obesity and Eating Disorders research Unit. She completed an MA in Counselling Inquiry for which she investigated recovery in anorexics, She trained as a counsellor and currently continues a practice, specialising in working with eating disordered and obese people. She has worked in the field of obesity research with Julia Buckroyd since 2002. She has co-authored, with Julia Buckroyd, Therapeutic Groups for Obese Women (2007).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2008
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight306 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJulia Buckroyd,Sharon Rother
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.