All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Mark P. Witton
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2013
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note152 color illus. 26 halftones. 14 line illus. 17 maps.
- Weight1503 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Table Of Contentsix Prefacexi Acknowledgments1.Leathery-Winged Harpies 1 2.Understanding the Flying Reptiles 43.Pterosaur Beginnings 124.The Pterosaur Skeleton 235.Soft Bits 396.Flying Reptiles 567.Down from the Skies 648.The Private Lives of Pterosaurs 749.The Diversity of Pterosaurs 9010.Early Pterosaurs and Dimorphodontidae 9511.Anurognathidae 10412. Campylognathoidids 11313.Rhamphorhynchidae 12314.Wukongopteridae 13515.Istiodactylidae 14316.Ornithocheiridae 15217.Boreopteridae 16418.Pteranodontia 17019.Ctenochasmatoidea 18320.Dsungaripteroidea 20121.Lonchodectidae 21122.Tapejaridae 21623.Chaoyangopteridae 22824.Thalassodromidae 23425.Azhdarchidae 24426.The Rise and Fall of the Pterosaur Empire 259References 265Index 283
- Author BiographyMark P. Witton is a paleontologist in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Portsmouth. He has served as a technical consultant for Walking with Dinosaurs 3D and many other film and television productions. His illustrations of pterosaurs, dinosaurs, and other prehistoric creatures have appeared in numerous publications, including Science and newspapers around the world.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £20.08
- £17.44Trending at £25.11
- £17.24Trending at £25.11
- £20.79Trending at £35.16
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £23.75Trending at £35.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.