All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Very Short Introduction outlines the nature of public health in our world today and places public health in its historical context from the earliest times, analysing in particular the changes in public health regulation through the nineteenth century and the twentieth and twenty first centuries.
- Author BiographyVirginia Berridge is Professor of History and Director of the Centre for History in Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London. She has edited or co-edited 12 books and is the sole author of 7 books including Marketing Health. Smoking and the Discourse of Public Health in Britain,1945-2000 (OUP, 2007) and Demons (OUP, 2013). She has written overviews of health and medicine for the Cambridge Social History of Britain and of contemporary history for the Oxford Handbook of the History of Medicine. She has been Chair of the Society for the Social History of Medicine and President of the European Association for the History of Medicine and Health.
- Author(s)Virginia Berridge
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note10 black and white images
- Weight126 g
- Width115 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.50Trending at £19.93
- £29.14Trending at £34.88
- £17.90Trending at £19.90
- £10.99Trending at £12.86
- £3.60Trending at £3.68
- £34.79Trending at £39.82
- £33.21Trending at £42.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.