All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.17
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £3.99Trending at £6.99
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
- £11.51Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionRevising the orthodox schema of the public sphere in which political authority shifted away from the crown with the rise of bourgeois civil society, this work shows how the public sphere in fact grew out of the learned and even royal libraries of erudite scholars and the bookshops of subversive, not-so-polite publicists of the republic of letters.
- Author BiographyJacob Soll is Associate Professor of History at Rutgers University.
- Author(s)Jacob Soll
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleCultures of Knowledge in the Early Modern World
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note10 b&w photographs
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.