Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionPumping Machinery Theory and Practice comprehensively covers the theoretical foundation and applications of pumping machinery. It covers characteristics of centrifugal pumps, axial flow pumps and displacement pumps and considers pumping machinery performance and operational-type problems.
- Author BiographyHassan M. Badr is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM). He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Western Ontario, Canada in 1977. Dr. Badr has taught many undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, and Pumping Machinery. He has carried out many research projects funded by the industry in the areas of erosion, boiler thermal analysis, submersible pumps, thermal pollution, oxyfuel combustion and others. Dr. Badr has published about 100 papers in international journals (J. Fluid Mechanics, ASME J. Fluids Engineering, ASME J. Heat Transfer, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer and others) covering a wide range of topics. He was the mechanical engineering Editor of the Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering for 18 years. Currently, he is a thrust leader in the Carbon Capture and Sequestration Technology Innovation Center at KFUPM. He received the KFUPM Distinguished Researcher Award, Academic Advisor Award, Distinguished Instructor Award and the Funded Research Projects Award. Wael Ahmed received his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada in 2005. He has four years of industrial experience with Atomic of Energy of Canada Ltd., and Nuclear Safety Solution before joining King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Saudi Arabia in 2009. He is currently working as an associate professor at University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. During four years in the industry, he provided technical consultation to several Canadian power generation plants (OPG, Hydro-Quebec, Bruce Power, etc.) in the area of multiphase flow and flow accelerated corrosion. He is also active in research in fields related to multiphase flow and sustainable energy systems. Dr. Ahmed has authored or co-authored more than 50 papers that have appeared in various international journals and conference proceedings in addition to several technical reports, patents and two books in the area of thermo-fluids science.
- Author(s)Hassan M. Badr,Wael H. Ahmed
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width172 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.