Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection, from a range of leading international scholars, looks at penal practice in a variety of different European countries. Noting particularities as well as similarities, such as the overuse of imprisonment and the use of harsher sanctions against the poor, this book questions how we justify and deliver punishment in Europe.
- Author BiographyInaki Rivera Beiras, University of Barcelona, Spain Emma Bell, Universite de Savoie in Chambery, France Miranda Boone, Utrecht Willem Pompe Institute of Criminology and Criminal Law, The Netherlands Bernd Dollinger, University of Siegen, Germany Patrizio Gonnella, President of Antigone, an Italian NGO Philip Gounev, Centre for the Study of Democracy in Sofia, Bulgaria Hanns von Hofer, Stockholm University, Sweden Vassilis Karydis, University of Peloponnese, Greece Nikolaos K. Koulouris, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece Andrea Kretschmann, Bielefeld University, Germany Monica Aranda Ocana, University of Barcelona, Spain Laura Piacentini, University of Strathclyde, UK Monika Platek, Warsaw University, Poland Philippe Robert, CNRS Mary Rogan, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland Henrik Tham, Stockholm University, Sweden Rene van Swanningen, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Author(s)Mick Ryan,Vincenzo Ruggiero
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Prisons and Penology
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight413 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.72
- £3.95Trending at £4.02
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.