All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPure Fire is a history of self-defense as it was debated and practiced during the civil rights era of the 1950s and 1960s. Moving beyond the realm of organized protests and demonstrations, Christopher B. Strain reframes self-defense as a daily concern for many African Americans as they faced the continual menace of white aggression.
- Author BiographyChristopher B. Strain is an associate professor of history and American studies at the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College of Florida Atlantic University.
- Author(s)Christopher B. Strain
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2005
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.99
- £27.30Trending at £29.10
- £11.43Trending at £12.21
- £10.20Trending at £12.98
- £14.98Trending at £21.37
- £28.89Trending at £30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.