All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of the prize-winning, hugely acclaimed INGENIOUS PAIN returns to the 18th century with an enthralling tale set in pre-revolutionary Paris. The 2011 Costa Book of the Year.
- Author BiographyAndrew Miller's first novel, Ingenious Pain, was published by Sceptre in 1997 and greeted as the debut of an outstanding new writer. It won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize, the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award and the Grinzane Cavour Prize for the best foreign novel published in Italy. It was followed by Casanova, then Oxygen, which was shortlisted for both the Booker Prize and the Whitbread Novel of the Year Award in 2001, The Optimists, and One Morning Like A Bird. In 2011, his sixth novel, Pure, was published to great acclaim and went on to win the Costa Book of the Year Award. Andrew Miller's novels have been translated into thirty languages. Born in Bristol in 1960, he has lived in Spain, Japan, France and Ireland, and currently lives in Somerset.
- PrizesWinner of Costa Book of the Year 2011 and Costa Novel Award 2011.
- Author(s)Andrew Miller
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date18/05/2016
- Weight466 g
- Width141 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £11.48Trending at £15.03
- £7.75Trending at £9.02
- £7.09Trending at £9.02
- £4.49Trending at £7.01
- £7.24Trending at £8.01
- £5.95Trending at £9.99
- £4.99Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.