All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.38Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of Purgatory was a central tenet of late-medieval and early-modern Catholicism, and proved a key dividing line between Catholics and Protestants. This book states that ideas about purgatory were often ill-defined and fluid, and altered over time in response to particular needs or pressures.
- Author BiographyElizabeth C. Tingle is Subject Leader and Associate Professor in History at the University of Plymouth. Her research interests are the French Wars of Religions and Catholic religious culture in France in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. She has published Authority and Society in Nantes during the Wars of Religion 1558-1598 (Manchester University Press, 2006) and other articles and essays.
- Author(s)Elizabeth C. Tingle,Professor Giorgio Caravale,Professor J. Christopher Warner,Professor Ralph Keen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleCatholic Christendom, 1300-1700
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 1 map
- Weight760 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.