All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reinterpretation of ancient philosophy that recovers the long Greek and Roman tradition of philosophy as a complete way of life - and not simply an intellectual discipline. It traces how, for many ancient thinkers, philosophy was not just to be studied or even used to solve particular practical problems.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Cooper is the Henry Putnam University Professor of Philosophy at Princeton University. He is the general editor of the authoritative English-language edition of Plato's complete writings, and the author of Reason and Emotion and Knowledge, Nature, and the Good (both Princeton), among other books.
- PrizesCommended for Honorable Mention, 2012 PROSE Award, Philosophy 2012.
- Author(s)John M. Cooper
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2013
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight624 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £32.42Trending at £34.86
- £23.38Trending at £24.84
- £23.03Trending at £24.19
- £14.77Trending at £18.91
- £6.41Trending at £6.96
- £9.76Trending at £9.97
- £8.16Trending at £8.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.