Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.77
- £12.64Trending at £13.66
- £42.34Trending at £45.00
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £13.69Trending at £23.27
- £8.62Trending at £14.99
- £27.17Trending at £32.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the G20 Summit was held in Toronto in 2010, people were shocked to see Canadian police officers acting in ways that appeared foreign and frightening. The conflict sparked widespread outrage and calls for a public inquiry, but to no avail. Putting the State on Trial provides a much-needed critical analysis of this event.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > Margaret E. Beare is a professor of sociology and law at York University and Osgoode Hall Law School. Nathalie Des Rosiers is the dean of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, at the University of Ottawa. Abigail C. Deshman is the director of the Public Safety Program with the Canadian Civil Liberties Association. Contributors: Ronald G. Atkey, Paul Burstein, Andrew Clement, Meaghan Daniel, Bernard Duhaime, Julian Falconer, Veronica Kitchen, Nicholas Lamb, Colleen Matthews, Kate Milberry, Howard F. Morton, Leo Panitch, Jacinthe Poisson, George S. Rigakos, Kent Roach, Kimberly Rygiel, Liora Salter, James Stribopoulos, Ian Urquhart, and Lesley Wood.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw and Society Series
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAbigail C. Deshman,Margaret E. Beare,Nathalie Des Rosiers
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.