Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £64.04Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £3.21Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 20 Dec
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £7.97Trending at £8.99
- £44.83Trending at £49.63
- £42.58Trending at £45.99
- £9.98Trending at £13.77
- £9.45Trending at £9.89
- £10.82Trending at £14.98
About this product
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/08/1992
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Edited byJanice M. Morse
- Table Of ContentsPART ONE: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF QUALITATIVE RESEARCHThe Disease of Masturbation - H Tristam Engelhardt Jr Values and the Concept of DiseaseShakespeare in the Bush - Laura BohannanContext as a Source of Meaning and Understanding - Pamela S Hinds, Doris E Chaves and Sandra M CypessThe Holistic Injunction - George W Noblit and John D Engel An Ideal and a Moral Imperative for Qualitative Research`Euch, Those Are For Your Husband!' - Janice M Morse Examination of Cultural Values and Assumptions Associated with Breast-FeedingPART TWO: THE QUALITATIVE SYNTHESIS OF RESEARCHThe Research Topic - Arnold van Gennep Or, Folklore Without EndComparative Analysis of Conceptualizations and Theories of Caring - Janice M Morse et alPART THREE: PHENOMENOLOGYBirthing Pain - Vangie KelpinOperating on a Child's Heart - Stephen J Smith A Pedagogical View of HospitalizationMemories of Breathing - Monica Clarke A Phenomenological Dialogue Asthma as a Way of BecomingPART FOUR: ETHNOGRAPHYThe Meaning of Menopause in a Newfoundland Fishing Village - Dona Lee DavisOn Control, Certitude and the `Paranoia' of Surgeons - Joan CassellUnder the Guise of Passivity - Hava Golander We Can Communicate Warmth, Caring and RespectOn Being Sane in Insane Places - D L RosenhanPART FIVE: ETHNOSCIENCEBeating the Drunk Charge - James P SpradleyThe Structure and Function of Gift Giving in the Patient-Nurse Relationship - Janice M MorsePART SIX: GROUNDED THEORYBecoming Ordinary - Beverley Lorencz Leaving the Psychiatric HospitalThe Emotional Experience of Breast Expression - Janice M Morse and Joan L BottorffNegotiating Commitment and Involvement in the Nurse-Patient Relationship - Janice M MorsePART SEVEN: THE SEMISTRUCTURED QUESTIONNAIRESocial Coercion for Weaning - Janice M Morse and Margaret J Harrison
- Author BiographyJanice M. Morse, PhD (Nurs), PhD (Anthro), FAAN is a professor and Presidential Endowed Chair at the University of Utah College of Nursing, and Professor Emeritus, University of Alberta, Canada., from 1991-1996, she also held a position as professor at The Pennsylvania State University. From 1997-2007, she was the founding Director and Scientific Director of the International Institute for Qualitative Methodology, University of Alberta, founding editor for the International Journal of Qualitative Methods, and Editor of the Qual Press monograph series. She remains the founding editor for Qualitative Health Research, (now in Volume 2, Sage1), is currently editor for the monograph series Developing Qualitative Inquiry, and The Essentials of Qualitative Inquiry (Left Coast Press). Her research programs are in the areas of suffering and comforting, preventing patient falls, and developing qualitative methods. In 2011, she was awarded the Lifetime Achievement in Qualitative Inquiry from the International Center for Qualitative Inquiry, was an inaugural inductee into the Sigma Theta Tau International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame (2010), the 5th recipient of the Episteme Award (also Sigma Theta Tau). She received awarded honorary doctorates from the University of Newcastle (Australia) and Athabasca University (Canada). She is the author of 460 articles and chapters and 19 books on qualitative research methods, suffering, comforting and patient falls.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.