All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a guide to qualitative research methods in the multidisciplinary field of physical culture. Developing an approach based on the '7 Ps' of research, this text navigates a pathway through the research process that will be invaluable as a teaching tool and to experienced and inexperienced researchers alike.
- Author BiographyPIRKKO MARKULA Professor of Socio-Cultural Studies of Sport and Physical Activity at the University of Alberta, Canada. Her research interests include poststructuralist feminist analysis of dance, exercise and sport, ethnography, autoethnography and performance ethnography. She is co-author of Foucault, Sport and Exercise, editor of Olympic Women and the Media, and Feminist Sport Studies, and co-editor of Critical Bodies and Moving Writing. MICHAEL SILK Senior Lecturer in the Department of Education, Faculty of Humanities and Social Science at the University of Bath, UK. His research and scholarship centers on the production and consumption of urban space, the governance of bodies, and, the performative politics of identity within the context of a global neoliberal economic order. His recent works include: Sport and Corporate Nationalisms (co-authored), Qualitative Methods and Sports Studies (co-authored), Televised Sport in the Post 9/11 Era, and Sport & Neoliberalism (co-authored).
- Author(s)Michael Silk,Pirkko Markula
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/07/2011
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight343 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.