All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you need good leaders to achieve good quality or does good quality create good leadership? This book explores the meanings and understandings of quality and leadership that are present in early years services and how to lead in order to develop and achieve quality in your early years setting.
- Author BiographyVerity Campbell-Barr is a lecturer in early childhood studies at Plymouth University, undertaking a Marie Curie European Research Fellowship (funded by the European Commission) in the Department of Child Education at the Faculty of Child and Adult Education, University of Debrecen, Hungary. Her research interests center on the quality of early childhood services, with her fellowship focusing on the knowledge, skills and attitudes required of the early childhood education, and care workforce. She has a background in researching the provision of early childhood services and policy developments in early childhood education and care. Dr Caroline Leeson is Associate Professor in Early Childhood Studies at Plymouth University. She has particular interests in the welfare of looked after children, children's centre leadership and reflective practice and enjoys working with students towards their goal of being strong advocates for young children and their families. Her research interests are in social justice; children with a parent in prison; children who go missing and/or are vulnerable to sexual exploitation and the involvement of children in decision making processes. She is also active in researching the articulation of leadership in early years settings. Before working in higher education she worked as a social worker in child protection, fostering and adoption and was the leader of a family centre for a period of time. This experience proved particularly profound as she learnt the importance of communication, collaboration and the joy of spending time in the home corner making stone soup.
- Author(s)Caroline Leeson,Verity Campbell-Barr
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight279 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.79
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.44
- £7.72Trending at £9.95
- £11.10Trending at £14.99
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.