Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.56Trending at £13.84
- £14.67Trending at £14.90
- £11.15Trending at £14.52
- £16.94Trending at £24.61
- £17.29Trending at £28.07
- £23.56Trending at £40.22
- £11.91Trending at £20.05
About this product
- DescriptionQuality by Design for Biopharmaceutical Drug Product Development
- Author BiographyDr. Feroz Jameel is a Principal Scientist for Parenteral Product & Process Development at Amgen Inc., in Thousand Oaks, CA, where he is involved in the development, optimization, scale-up and transfer to manufacturing of biopharmaceutical products. Feroz received his Master's degree in Pharmaceutics from the University of Delhi and his Ph.D in Pharmaceutics from the University of Connecticut. His publications include a co-edited book, several book chapters and more than 40 peer-reviewed manuscripts and presentations. He has held multiple leadership positions at the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) including chair of the freezing and drying technologies group and lead of the industrial consortium for application of QbD to lyophilization. He is a recipient of two patents in lyophilization formulation and lyophiliztion process development. Dr. Jameel has received several awards including the AAPS and Parental Drug Association's Fred Simon Award for the best paper published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology. He has also chaired several symposia on the development of biological products. Dr. Susan A. Hershenson is the Deputy Director of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, where her major responsibilities are to support the CMC development and drug delivery needs for therapeutic projects funded by the Foundation. She has many years of experience in drug development, including biologics, small molecules, combination products and drug delivery systems. Prior to the Gates Foundation, she served as President of Pharmaceutical Transformations LLC, a consulting service for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, drug delivery and related industries. Her clients included a wide range of biotechnology, pharmaceutical and drug delivery companies, start-ups, venture capitals, university labs and non-profit organizations. Before starting her own practice, she served in a number of positions in the biopharmaceutical industry, including Vice President of Pharmaceutical and Device Development at Genentech and Vice President of Pharmaceutics at Amgen. During her career, Dr. Hershenson has made significant contributions to the development and commercialization of numerous therapeutic products including BETASERON(R), Stemgen(R), Kepivance(R), Aranesp(R), Neulasta(R), Sensipar(R), Nplate(R), Vectibix(R), Prolia(R), XGEVA(R) and Nutropin AQ NuSpin(R) and has supported the development of numerous clinical candidates. She received her Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Yale University and held a postdoctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Robert Stroud at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Hershenson publishes and teaches actively and serves on multiple scientific advisory boards. Dr. Mansoor A. Khan is the Director of Product Quality Research and a Senior Biomedical Research Scientist at the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), where he overseas research teams on biotech products, chemistry and stability, drug delivery systems and bioavailability/bioequivalence. Prior to joining the FDA, he was a Professor of Pharmaceutics and Director of the graduate program in the School of Pharmacy at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. He is a registered pharmacist and earned his Ph.D. in Industrial Pharmacy from the St. John's University School of Pharmacy. He has published more than 255 peer-reviewed manuscripts, four texts, 25 book chapters, 200 poster presentations, and more than 175 invited presentations worldwide. He has held several leadership positions at the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) including elected chair of pharmaceutics and drug delivery (PDD) and the founding chair of formulations design and development (FDD). He serves on the editorial board of Pharmaceutical Technology, the International Journal of Pharmaceutics, AAPS PharmsciTech, and Drug Delivery and Transla
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleAAPS Advances in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Series
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note51 black & white illustrations, 163 colour illustrations, 158 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1256 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byFeroz Jameel,Mansoor Ali Khan,Sheryl Martin-Moe,Susan Hershenson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.