All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.17
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £3.99Trending at £6.99
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
- £11.51Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting the history of twentieth-century physics, this book takes us from the discovery of X rays in the mid-1890s to superstring theory in the 1990s. It also shows how the revolutionary discoveries of scientists ranging from Einstein, Planck, and Bohr to Stephen Hawking have been built on the great traditions of earlier centuries.
- Author BiographyHelge Kragh is Professor of History of Science at Aarhus University, Denmark. His previous books include An introduction to the Historiography of Science, Dirac A Scientific Biography, and Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe (Princeton).
- Author(s)Helge Kragh
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2002
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note34 tables 22 line illus.
- Weight765 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.